Are you looking for our CSA share program? Are you interested in a full season of quality, local, and healthy vegetables from Cycle Farm?
We’re trying something new this year! Instead of offering our traditional CSA shares, we are opening special Farm stand family shares, a pre-paid market plan for farm supporters. This plan is designed to work well for our customers by allowing more freedom in which vegetables and how much are selected, as well as providing flexibility around busy summer schedules without having to worry about missing a share pick-up. As farmers, this plan may help us in that we don’t have to worry about planting exactly the right number of peppers or cabbage to make the share quota, we don’t lose produce from forgotten pick-ups, we have a guaranteed market to help us with our crop planning and still get some early income at the beginning of the season when most of our major expenses occur, and we maintain a close relationship with our customers and their families. This is a trial run, so let us know what you think – we value your feedback. Please contact us if you have any questions.
How it works:
- Like our traditional CSA, or a gift card, you pay in advance for a season’s worth of farm fresh vegetables.
- Choose from either a full plan, $500, or a half plan, $250, and submit a Farm Stand Family member form.
- You come to the farm stand on Thursday evenings, 4-7 PM, or Saturday morning, 9 AM-noon throughout our growing season, early April through late October.
- You choose the produce, seeds, starts, dried herbs, or flowers you would like (eggs and crafts are not included).
- We take the total of your week’s purchase off your tab.
- Your tab lasts until it runs out, or until the end of the season. Any balance remaining at the end of the year is non-refundable.
- We send you a monthly email to keep you informed of your remaining balance.
- As a thank you for joining our Farm stand family, we give you extra on your tab to spend. The $500 plan is worth $525; the $250 plan is worth $260.
- Flexibility around busy summer schedules without having to worry about missing a share pick-up.
- Freedom to choose what you like and how much you want each week.
- A weekly newsletter including an update on farm happenings and recipe ideas.
- Leave your cash at home, you’ve already paid!
- Your commitment to the farm helps develop a strong connection to your farmers, your food, and how it’s grown.
- We’ll grow for you. Tell us what you love, your input and feedback helps us determine which varieties and how much to plant again next year.
- Invitations to special farm events, tours, potlucks, workshops, and harvest parties.
- Spending your dollars locally helps build a stronger local economy.
- Bonus, additional credit on your tab.
- Support local organic agriculture. Your early investment helps us with much needed, early season capital (seed money!).
One of our favorite things about our CSA over the past few years has been our community of farm supporters and enthusiasts coming together around food and the farm. In changing our model, we hope to better meet our customers needs and continue to grow and celebrate this community. We invite you to join our Farm stand family.
Please send the Farm Stand Family member application form and a check to
287 Evans Lane
Spearfish, SD 57783
A sign-up form is available here.