Thank you for your support, friends – our farm shares for the 2023 season are ALL SOLD! We’re looking forward to sharing a great season with you all.
Are you interested in a full season of quality, local, and healthy vegetables from Cycle Farm?
Our farm share program is often referred to as a market-style CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). A farm share is a pre-paid market plan for farm supporters. This plan is designed to work well for our customers by allowing more freedom in which vegetables and how much are selected, as well as providing flexibility around busy summer schedules without having to worry about missing a share pick-up. As farmers, this plan helps us in that we don’t have to worry about planting exactly the right number of peppers or cabbage to make a week’s share quota, we don’t lose produce from forgotten pick-ups, we have a guaranteed market to help us with our crop planning and still get some early income at the beginning of the season when most of our major expenses occur, and we maintain a close relationship with our customers and their families. Please contact us if you have any questions.
How it works:
- Like a traditional CSA, or a gift card, you pay in advance for a season’s worth of farm fresh vegetables.
- Choose from either a full plan at $500, a capri plan at $350, or a half plan at $250, and submit a 2023 farm share prepurchase agreement form.
- You come to the farm stand on Saturday mornings, 9 AM-noon, or Thursday evenings, 4-6 PM throughout our growing season, early June through late October,
- You choose the produce, seeds, starts, eggs, dried herbs and teas, or flowers you would like (crafts and chickens not included).
- We take the total of your week’s purchase off your tab.
- Your tab lasts until it runs out, or until the end of the season. Any balance remaining at the end of the year is non-refundable.
- We send you regular emails to keep you informed of your remaining balance.
- As a thank you for joining our farm share program, we give you extra on your tab to spend. The $500 plan is worth $525; the $350 plan is worth $365; the $250 plan is worth $260.
- Flexibility around busy summer schedules without having to worry about missing a share pick-up.
- Freedom to choose what you like and how much you want each week.
- A weekly email including an update on farm happenings and recipe ideas.
- Leave your cash at home, you’ve already paid!
- Your commitment to the farm helps develop a strong connection to your farmers, your food, and how it’s grown.
- We’ll grow for you. Tell us what you love, your input and feedback helps us determine which varieties and how much to plant again next year.
- Invitations to special farm events, tours, potlucks, workshops, and harvest parties.
- Spending your dollars locally helps build a stronger local economy.
- Bonus, additional credit on your tab.
- Support local organic agriculture. Your early investment helps us with much needed, early season capital (seed money!).
During the past few seasons, Farm Share members spent an average of $375 each year on produce at the farm stand. We are limiting the number of $250 share plans offered this year and recommend that families and couples that like their vegetables sign up for $350 or $500 shares. Our 2023 season will be shorter than previous years’, we anticipate having the market open for about 22 weeks. A $350 share should average about $16/week on produce.
This year, we are happy and grateful to be able to offer Double Dollar shares for low income or food insecure families and individuals. For these shares, members contribute $125 and the farm matches that amount, giving them a total of $250 credit at the farm stand. All share members receive weekly emails from the farm with updates and harvest lists, along with recipe ideas and tips for how to use farm fresh produce in the kitchen. This is a great way to learn and gain experience and confidence in the kitchen. We will help provide preparation techniques, and ideas and methods for how to store the produce for both the short and long term. If you are interested in fresh vegetables and would benefit from this option, please contact us. We are happy to work with you to set up a payment plan that works with your food budget. We are looking into filling out the application to be able to accept WIC/SNAP and are hoping to have that option available in the future at the farm stand as well. The positive effects of increased access to healthy food across a community are multifaceted and deep rooted, and we are enormously grateful for the support of our farm friends in helping to making this option available.
Please note: our farm share program may not work for everyone. Depending on your weekly schedule, summer travel plans, kitchen habits, meal preferences, etc., this program may not be quite right for you and your family. And that’s just fine! If you are eager to support the farm, but don’t feel as though the farm share program is the ideal thing for you, we also warmly welcome walk-up and roll-up customers to the farm stand.
One of our favorite things about our CSA over the past few years has been our community of farm supporters and enthusiasts coming together around food and the farm. With this farm share model, we hope to better meet our customers needs and continue to grow and celebrate this community.
Please send the Farm Share Member application form and a check to
287 Evans Lane
Spearfish, SD 57783
A sign-up form is available here.